Your company’s key asset is its employees. However, understanding and navigating todays labour and employment laws is incredibly complex. At Smith Labour & Employment Law, our team has the knowledge, skillset, and experience to guide you through any employment crisis that your company is facing and to help prevent them before they arise.
Our areas of practice include:
- Wrongful Dismissal
- Constructive Dismissal claims
- Workplace Investigators
- Human Rights matters
- Occupational Health and Safety
- COVID-19 laws, policies and best practices
- Employment Standards
- Interpretation of Collective
- Grievance Arbitrations
- Labour Board matters
- Drafting Employment Agreements
- Independent Contractor Agreements
- Drafting Employment Policies and Manuals
- Advice on hiring and termination procedures
- Advice on WCB matters, Privacy Law and the Canada Labour Code
- Arbitration and Mediation
- Review of severance packages
- General advising
We pride ourselves on our ability to provide timely and practical advice geared toward solving your workplace challenges. You will find our labour and employment team to be down to earth clear communicators whose first priority is your company and the legal challenges you are facing.
/ Our team
Paralegal & Office Manager
At Smith Labour & Employment Law we understand that losing your job is one of the most stressful times of your life.